The artist Dennis Culve has created som amazing illustrations of the Wire characters. Check out the full set on his flickr stream.
Category Archives: Kima
The Telegraph has an interesting article on the Wire cast and what they are up to now that the show has finished.
Last time i spotted my personal favourite “McNulty” was in Frank Millers 300.
Love this ad, really cool feel to it. Haven’t seen anything like this in the UK yet, but perhaps will do now that the wire is getting bigger over here also. Enjoy below.
Have you seen any other ” the Wire ” ads for other brands?
I bet you did the same thing as me this weekend – watching the first episode of the wire season 5.I loved the opening scene, bunk in fine form interrogating a seemingly clueless small time gangster, and later using a copying machine as a lie detector – instant classic. It was also great to see McNulty early on in the episode, I missed him in the later seasons but now he seem to be back where he belongs, in the spotlight and late night binge drinking sessions.
Another bright point was the journo crew at the Baltimore Sun which seem to be just as much of a motley crew as the gangsters and police.
It was great to see so many familiar faces in one single episode – McNulty, Bunk, Kima, Herc, Marlo, Prop Joe, Bubs, Carter, Carcetti, Chris, Snoop, Michael, Dukie (boy, he’s grown) and lots more.
I just realized how much I missed these characters, and how happy I am that they are back J
How do you rate the first episode of season 5?
So, from the comments in my previous post and surfing around the great old web, I’ve learnt that a lot of people really like the characters Chris and Snoop. It sort of shocked me as they are in my opinion just bad people. Their fun comments would have made them more appealing in a standard Hollywood production like Bad Boys, or whatever, but in a show such as the Wire they still come out like real fuck-ups that should be jailed for life. Any how, It made me think about who’s the most popular character in the wire.
- McNulty, beacuse he’s an original hero with a lot of shit on his hands but still has a good heart.
- Bunk, because he’s a great police (you have to pronounce that Baltimore style), and likes another shot straight after throwing up
- Bubbles, living the hard life with great style and being a true entrepreneur
- Bodie, one cool dude that didn’t bend for no one
- Omar, although a murderous soul he does have a code to only kill people in the game…
- Stringer, thought he was a really cool dude in the first two seasons, wanting to take the game to a whole new level of organisation – profit over honor and such.. Although I think he lost it at the end
- Kima, although liked her better in the first 3 seasons
And for the bottom scrap, there’s Chris and Snoop. Just check out this video collage.